Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sweet Asian Glaze

It is hard to make a healthy meal on a Friday night. Everyone is tired from the long work week. I understand the last thing anyone wants to do is add one more thing to their weekend to-do list. Had I not already thawed the chicken, I too would have dined out or ordered in. Somehow though, I found the energy to throw this meal together. I'm glad I did.


This meal was healthy, filling, and tasted like my own hibachi grill meal. The Bear actually asked me if I had gone to the local hibachi grill place we like to go to and bought some of their sauce. It was that good!

To make this meal lightening quick, I made grilling packets for the vegetables. I know I originally said these were going to be kabobs in my menu post, but the grilling packets were a lot easier. All you have to do is spray a 12 inch piece of foil with nonstick cooking spray, lay or vegetables on top of the foil, and drizzle a little bit of the glaze over the veg. Then, fold the foil and place on the grill. I made one packet for the asparagus and one for the zucchini, peppers, and onion. You could use whatever vegetables you like, but the glaze is the key to making this meal taste like your own Japanese steakhouse.

Sweet Asian Glaze

1/4 cup soy sauce (I used San-J Organic Tamari)
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
2 teaspoons stevia

Whisk all ingredients together in a small dish. Use over grilled or sauteed veggies and meats as you please.

No comments:

Post a Comment