Sunday, April 27, 2014

Feel Good Food Menu Post

After a last week's worth of seriously amazing eats (hello Bacon Lasagna), I realized we probably need to clean up our eats a bit. Bikini season is just around the corner. And, while I did use some self-control in my bacon lasagna filled world last week, it is time to get back on track. It is time to get movin' and groovin' again with the activity, get toned up, and feel seriously good about myself. Too honor this, I am off to a good start. I made it out the door for a nice little run this morning before the rain and hail. Not too shabby!

This week's menu focuses on all of the above. These are meals that will fill you up and fuel your workouts without filling out your waistline. To continue my healthy streak today, I will be using my Sweet Asian Glaze to spice up my chicken burgers. I plan to update my usual Cilantro Lime Slaw into an even better slimming side. Meatless Monday is a meal in a bowl with my version of the Pinterest recipe for Mexican Quinoa Bowls. Wednesday I plan to spice up my chicken with a blackened chicken served over a beautiful spinach and almond salad. Finally, to end the week I'm going to make some simple Garlic Chicken and Hummus Flatbreads. Here is the official slimming rundown:

Sunday 4/27          Sweet Asian Glazed Chicken Burgers with Pineapple-Cilantro Slaw

Monday 4/28        Protein Packed Mexican Quinoa Bowls

Tuesday 4/29        Leftovers

Wednesday 4/30  Blacked Chicken over Spinach and Almond Salad

Thursday 5/1        Leftovers

Friday 5/2            Garlic Chicken and Hummus Flatbreads with Salad

A few of the items you will need include:

1 package chicken burgers (I plan to use Weight Watchers)
4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (depending on size)
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch green onions
1 red pepper
1 zucchini
1 container fresh pineapple (I bought some already cubed from the deli section, if you cannot find any canned would be fine. Just make sure it is packed in its own juice not syrup.)
1-2 limes (depending on size)
1 bag baby spinach
1 bag slaw mix
1 container of your favorite hummus
1 jar roasted red peppers (packed in water not oil)
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can black beans
1 bag or can or jar almonds (you will need about 1/2 cup if you choose to buy from the bulk section)
1 package gluten-free wraps (I will be using Sandwich Petals Agave Garlic)
1 box or bag quinoa (If buying from the bulk section you will need 1 cup)
1 bag frozen corn
1 quart buttermilk

Pantry items you will need include:

Nonstick cooking spray
Extra virgin olive oil
Nut oil (such as walnut oil)
Apple cider vinegar
Pure maple syrup
Stevia
Dijon mustard
Taco seasoning
Blackening seasoning
Cayenne pepper
Black pepper
Salt
Xanthan gum

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I look forward to sharing with you all throughout the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment