Sunday, April 13, 2014

Cranberry-Jalapeno Mayo

What a fantastic weekend! We did not really do anything too special. Saturday we woke up bright and early to head down to the Grass Pad. If you are looking for a good laugh, you can click on the link which will take you to their website. Here you can watch their commercials. They crack me up! Anyway, we bought some sod to take care of some areas that were hit pretty hard by ol' man winter. We also cleaned up around the yard. Later we spent time on our patio grilling and enjoying libations. It has just been nice to enjoy spring.

Since grilling season is here, I thought I'd share a condiment recipe with you. Over spring break, I ate at Grameracy Tap in Des Moines. I enjoyed a very tasty chicken burger without the bun. Now, I've recreated the dish so I can enjoy it at home.


I used Weight Watchers Chicken Burgers as they are a nice convenience food for the price. Any burger- beef, turkey, or chicken would be just fine if you cannot find the Weight Watchers burgers at your grocery store. The chicken, however, pairs very well with the cranberry-jalapeno kick. If you are looking for a flavor packed condiment to spice up any burger without a ton of calories, I highly suggest this mayo!

Cranberry-Jalapeno Mayo
inspired by Grameracy Tap in Des Moines, IA

1/4 cup light mayonnaise (I used Hellman's)
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon curry powder

Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Serve as a condiment for burgers, sweet potato fries, or as a dip for tortilla chips. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment