Friday, October 19, 2012

Finally a Break Menu Post

Wow! Has it been the most insane week ever! We got back last Sunday in the later afternoon from our weekend trip to Iowa. We were completely exhausted from the game-day festivities and the long drive home that there was not enough time to really tend to the blog. The rest of my week, I spent in many a meeting preparing for parent-teacher conferences topped off by two 12 hour workdays. I am so excited to have today to myself. It was the most glorious feeling in the world to sleep in until 8:30 and write a well needed menu for next week. I can't wait to get the house cleaned, grocery shopping out of the way, and to spend a little time in the kitchen. Ahhh, it will be so therapeutic!

In all honesty, when life gets this crazy, I really miss my blog. I'm so glad to be back and have an awesome menu planned for the week. Over the weekend, I plan to share one new recipe and bring back one of my favorites that will carry over into some meals later in the week. I'm in charge of preparing lunch for my husband and the guys helping us drywall our basement. We are so close to finishing the Bear's man cave that I feel like I need to spoil the guys a little bit with a man friendly lunch. I plan to make my Chipotle Pork Tenderloin for some easy sandwiches with a side of chips and my Spinach Artichoke Dip. I hope to reserve one cup of the dip for a pasta dish later in the week, as well as left-over pork. If you choose to follow me on my menu quest this week, use your left-over pork for Sunday to make BBQ Pork Tacos with a side of Cilantro Lime Slaw. Monday, I plan to make a gluten-free version of Kashi's Mayan Harvest Bake. I used to really enjoy this microwavable meal for lunch in the past before going GF. I've also noticed that a lot of stores no longer carry the meal anymore, so I am looking forward to sharing my Fall Harvest Bake version. Wednesday if my Spinach Artichoke Dip does not get discovered and devoured by the Bear, I plan on using some of the dip as a creamy sauce for Spinach Artichoke Linguine topped with Grilled Chicken. To wrap the week up, I am hoping to make a tender, slow cooked, Pot Roast on Saturday in the Crock Pot with all of the comforting fixings. It should be a tasty week around the Nickel household! Here is the rundown and what you will need:

Sunday 10/21          Chipotle Pork Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw

Monday 10/22         Fall Harvest Bake with left-over Slaw

Tuesday 10/23         Left-overs

Wednesday 10/24    Spinach Artichoke Linguine with Grilled Chicken

Thursday 10/25        Left-overs

Friday 10/26            Out to eat

Saturday 10/27        Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans

1-2 lbs. pork tenderloin
1 lb. boneless bottom round roast
1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bulb garlic
1 shallot
2 yellow or white onions
1 sweet potato
1 bag baby carrots
1 stalk celery
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch cilantro
1-2 limes
1 bag clean and cut Swiss chard
1 bag angel hair cole slaw
1 bag corn tortillas
1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 can quartered artichoke hearts
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1 cantainer grated Parmesan cheese
1 bag brown rice linguine or spaghetti noodles
1 can organic vegetable stock (check to make sure it is gluten-free)
1 box organic low sodium beef stock
1 box frozen chopped spinach
1 lb. butter
1 8 oz. brick of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 container light or fat free sour cream
1 bag shredded 2% cheddar cheese
1 bottle red wine (I like a good Cab)

Pantry items you will need:

Corn meal
Corn starch
Honey
Brown sugar
Cinnamon
Cumin
Smoked paprika
Chili powder
Garlic powder
Olive oil
Salt & pepper

You can get the recipe for the Chipotle Pork Tenderloin by clicking on the link. You can also print the recipe from the My Recipage button as well as other archived recipes. I look forward to sharing my Spinach Artichoke Dip with you all later today! Have a fantastic Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment